Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winter and New Games

Winter is cold, and winter is depressing. The only thing I really like about winter is that I get to wear sweaters, but that can also be done during the fall, which technically, we are still in, but it doesn't feel like it.
Right now, the weather is disgusting. Last night, while at a friends house for a party, there was a thunderstorm, complete with lightning, thunder, rain and wind. Soon afterwards, the temperature falls to 20-something fahrenheit, and freezes every last drop that fell to the ground earlier.
This morning when I woke up to go home from my friend Angel's house, my car door was completely frozen shut. After I got my car de-iced, and was on my way home, the roads weren't so bad. They were wet, and slick in some spots, but not bad.
That's going to change later tonight, surely.
The electricity at my house keeps going out, making it very difficult to do anything except use my laptop and play hand-held games. It is really frustrating!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is a picture of the tree in front of my house. It's covered in ice :(

Anyway, this post wouldn't be complete with some updates in my current gaming life, now would it?

First off, my coworker, Josh, gave me a Hanukah gift! It's really cool, something I've been wanting for a long time now, but always put off buying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A NeoGeo Pocket Color!!!! Cool! Awesome!!!

Wow, Josh is really cool!!! Thanks so much for that Josh!!!

I only have one game right now for it, and that's Gal's Fighter. I think the NeoGeo Pocket Color is going to help me in my game reviews, since there are some decent games on it, but not many people own one, or even know it exists anymore. I remember hearing about it a lot when I was a little bit younger, but never knew where to find one. It's actually a very superior system for it's time!! It's not expensive either, you can pick one up for about $25-30 used, which is about the same price as a GameBoy Advance these days. If you see one you should pick it up!!

Also!!!! I've been playing a different game lately, on the PlayStation 2. It's called GrimGrimoire.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It is soooo badass! You know, to be completely honest with you, I'm not the type of person that likes Magic, or Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcery, Dragons, Elves, Fairies, (Do I really need to go on? I think you get the point..) BUT! I Do like this game a lot! Why? Well, aside from all of that stuff, if you can overlook it (Unless you are really into that kinda thing) it makes for a really great game! It's an RTS(Real-Time Strategy) style game, where you learn different types of Magic and use them in battle. All of the gameplay is done through battles, not unlike almost every RTS game ever made. The difference is, that rather than an over-head view or 3/4 view of the battlefield, it uses a sidescrolling 2D battlefield. The art style is exactly like Odin Sphere (Probably because they are both designed by the same company, VanillaWare. The story is hilarious (Probably because of the NIS localization) but also pretty dramatic. I'm only about 9 hours into the game and on the third "Day 1". If you play the game, you'll know what I'm talking about (THAT MEANS GO BUY IT!!), OH YEAH! And one more thing! If you're living in America, and you are interested in this game at all, liked Odin Sphere, love RTS games, collect rare games, are a fan of NIS, or just want something fun to play, you really need to go and buy it. But don't buy it from GameStop or EB Games! BUY IT AT WAL-MART! When I bought mine, it was only $20, but on eBay and other places it's still $40-$50 and will rise! I can't guarantee that it will be at your Wal-Mart, or that it will still be $20, but seriously, if you see it there, don't hesitate to pick it up, because you won't be disappointed!

Well, I suppose that's about it for now! I'll write more if I think of anything else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Samtron. Not sure yet if I can post like this.. Do I need to have a Google account and log in to write here? Well, let me try...

Anonymous said...

Ah, I think I did it. lol
Greetings from Japan.

How are you today, Sam chan?
and how's the electricity going? Not stable yet? I'd call it a real incredable crisis! jkjk... Well, as you said, I didn't know Neo Geo Pocket exists, but portable game gadgets like NGP may come in handy under the situation you're in now.
Good luck! Talk to you later!